Tuesday 31 July 2012

Sea Shepherd’s Paul Watson speaks on skipping bail: ‘I eluded them once again’

It has been said of Paul Watson "Paul Watson is not merely an environmental activist defending whales (and other marine animals) Paul Watson is a Whale." Perhaps a tad over dramatic but there is no denying the connectivity this large and defiant man feels for whales particularly. Its as if when a whale dies at the hands of the Japanese poachers that a piece of Paul Watson dies to. I cannot say that I necessarily approve of Watson's methods. I generally loathe environmental activists as well as most other politically motivated activists of the Left.I sense however something unique in Watson, something profoundly iconoclastic and deeply individual which by definition sets him strongly apart from the unwashed collectivist hordes of the Left. I therefore confess a sneaking admiration for him and find myself wishing him well. Go forth brave prince of the sea vagabonds, quixotic defender of the disappearing maidens of the sea. Here is wishing you safe harbor and a dreamless sleep. http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/07/30/paul-watson-sea-shepherd/

No comments:

Post a Comment